Undersecretary Juan Antonio A. Perez III, MD was appointed today as Executive Director of the Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM) by the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Acting Secretary and Chair of POPCOM Board of Commissioners (BOC) Karl Kendrick Chua as he led the oath taking via zoom in the POPCOM Board meeting held on May 13, 2020. USec. Perez thanked everyone for their support and added, “I can continue serving the people through POPCOM”.
The BOC Meeting was attended virtually by the following:
- NEDA USec. Jose Miguel Dela Rosa,
- Department of Health (DOH) Director Ruby Constantino,
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Usec. Camilo Gudmalin,
- Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Director Anna Liza Bonagua and Gemma Macatangay,
- Department of Education (DepEd) Representative Dr. Rosalie Masilang,
- Department of Agriculture (DA) ASec. Lerey Panes,
- Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) Representatives Maria Theresa A. Baul and Dotthy D. Ramirez,
- Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Usec. Maria Catalina Cabral and Representative Maria Victoria Orlina Lofamia,
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Director Lydia Guevarra,
- University of the Philippine Population Institute (UPPI) Dir. Maria Midea M. Kabamalan and Dr. Grace Cruz, and
- Non-Government Organization Representative Dr. Dexter Galban and Mr. Benjamin De Leon from Forum for Family Planning and Development, Inc.